The Starlight Children's Foundation
is looking for a Wishgranting Coordinator
to "Brighten the lives of seriously ill and hospitalised children."
Yes, you can be THAT person.
Based in Melbourne, you will look after all all aspects of the Wishgranting program, talking to children, families, doctors, volunteers, donors, sponsors... the whole special shebang.
* Background in health or health related experience preferable
* Understanding of the needs of children and families coping with a serious illness
* High level written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in the development and delivery of training sessions
* High level computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point and Database management
* Highly organised and effective work practices
* Proven ability to work under pressure
* Ability to effectively manage a number of different activities
* Ability to relate to people at different levels
* Demonstrated experience in working with children
* Prior experience as a volunteer or working with volunteers preferable
* Familiarity with the park layouts of Dreamworld, Seaworld and Disneyland
* Understanding the needs of sports stars, pop stars and politicians
The best bit of the job ad is this little sentence.
Integral to this role will be your ability to demonstrate empathy, respect and care of all stakeholders.
Stakeholders? Who writes this merde? Number two in the selection criteria says so much best. Better would be to let the applicant work out that bit for themselves.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th November 2005
Note: I made up the last two selection criteria.